Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 17 - Librarian for a Day

Tuesday provided many opportunities for me to practice my librarian skills.  Lee Anne was out which meant I got to read lots of stories and work with students all day.  Luckily, Lee Anne provided plans and I have observed her at work for weeks!  I like to stick to her routine as much as possible as the students know what to expect, where to go, and what to do.  Mrs. Williams, Haley, and a great sub kept everything on an even keel, but the kids (and all of us) missed Lee Anne.

Kindergarten classes listened to several stories about spring and changing seasons.  I did find that I read a little too fast and decided to add some springtime songs and rhymes to the mix.  I am used to having to speed things up at my home school versus the longer library time at Pine Street. 

First grade classes are beginning an author study of Mem Fox and Lee Anne left several of her books to share with the students.  A 3rd grade class continued their research on South Carolina and managed to fill out almost half of their definitions.

Flexibility was called for as my booktalk and bookclub had to be rescheduled.  I look forward to "lunching" with my bookclub over the next two visits. Booktalk day will be Tuesday as that is when two 4th grade classes come and I am focusing it on older students.

All in all it was a good, if busy, day and I look forward to my remaining internship days!

No comments:

Post a Comment