Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Snow Days = Reading Days


With an unexpected 2.5 days off of work and school, it was the perfect week for reading while curled up in a chair with a dog and a blanket to keep me warm. I finished Scarlet, book two in Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles. This series is a scifi/modern day fairy tale/dystopian mashup that is packed with action and romance.  Now I can't wait for my copy of book three, Cress, to come in at my local public library.


Maira Kalman's latest picture biography, Thomas Jefferson: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Everythingis beautifully illustrated and full of important (and sometimes quirky) facts about the life of our third president.  I like this quote from TJ: "I cannot live a life without books". 

Based on student recommendations I read Lisi Harrison's The Clique  (OMG - girls can be so mean!) and am in the middle of Alvin Ho #1: Allergic to Girls, School, and Other Scary Things by Lenore Look. We just added Alvin Ho to our beginning chapter books section and the boys especially are very excited.  One student is already on book number 3! 


No comments:

Post a Comment